Yourkids provide short-term accommodation (respite) and Supported Independent Living (Supported Accommodation) to children and young people with disability.
Yourkids’ Supported Independent Living service is an integral part of our client’s lives. There are 14 house/sites delivering accommodation services to children and young adults in Adelaide Metro. In addition, many children and their families along with younger and older adults receive community based individualised In-home support services.
Yourkids enjoys a high rate of employee retention which is sought after by families and it sets us apart from other NDIS providers, big and small. We also have specialised care teams matched to each of our clients’ needs and suitability.
“Yourkids enjoys a high rate of employee retention which is sought after by families and it sets us apart from other NDIS providers, big and small. .”
Yourkids mission is to provide a safe and holistic environment in which children and young people are empowered and nurtured in order to reach their full potential.
Yourkids goal is to create an environment that provides choice and opportunity that enables our clients to be the best they can be.
“We aim to provide a personalised experience as every young person is individual.”
Charter of Rights
Yourkids endorses the Charter of Rights for Children and Young People in Care.
The Charter’s 37 rights affirm to children and young people in care:
- You have the right to feel good about yourself
- You have the right to live in a place where you feel safe, respected and cared for
- You have the right to get the help you want or need
- You have the right to understand and have a say in the decisions that affect you
The charter can be viewed here.
Yourkids is committed to employee professional development, and to ensure our high quality of service delivery is met we offer all employees training in:
- Positive Behaviour Support
- MAPA (Management of Actual or Potential Aggression)
- Developmental Trauma Training
- Sensory Modulation and Regulation
- Disability and ASD Training
- Infant Safety Training (for staff working with children under the age of 5)
Our staff have the following up-to-date clearances and training:
- DCSI Child Related Screening
- Up to date First Aid certificate
- Child Safe Environments training
- Assist with Medication Training
Some of the Yourkids’ team members who participated in the ‘Walk a Mile in my Boots’ fundraiser event.
If you are interested in joining the Yourkids team please click “Join the Team” and attach your current resume. Thank you for your interest.
We currently have positions available, please download the job descriptions here:
Send a Message
Feedback and Complaints
We welcome all feedback, complaints and suggestions as it provides us with important information that can help us to improve our services.
Please take the time to send us your feedback using this contact form or on any of the contact details below.